There is no love greater than the love of our Father, our Heavenly Father, our Daddy – GOD!
As we step into a new year, this love calls us into a deeper, richer relationship with the ‘One’ Who IS LOVE.
Scripture teaches that “…God is love” (1 John 4:16). Think about that! 1 John 4:7-9 says:
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.”
Do we live through Him? When He lives through us, our character becomes His.
Does our life reflect Him? We were designed to be a pure reflection of His love! When we reflect someone, we resemble them. The very life of Jesus is inside of us as a Christ-follower…as a believer.
“…Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them” (1 John 4:16).
God’s love and our love become one and is why Jesus said, “Dear friends…” When God’s love is deep within, we become a friend of His. When we live through Him, we live eternally – forever.
“We love because he first loved us” (1 John 4:19).
Is He our first love? “If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us…” (1 John 4:15-16).
Can we rely on His love? Can we trust Him? He is not only trustworthy but has entrusted all of Who He is to us! That’s amazing love! He called us royalty, a holy nation. Yes, you ARE royalty! Not only royalty but also chosen!
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light” (1 Peter 2:9).
God’s love for us is so real that it is tangible! As a believer, when God looks at us, He sees Jesus. He doesn’t see any imperfection!
He sees royalty.
He sees majesty.
He sees grace.
He sees kindness.
He sees mercy.
He sees love.
For God’s love is in and through us!
Beloved, the world needs to see and know this LOVE that does not judge, fail or change.
- This love is patient. It is huge and incredibly patient, not just a little patient.
- This love endures, even in difficult relationships.
- This love transforms the spirit. That’s why the world needs it!
- This love is gentle and kind. It does not envy. It refuses to be jealous, when blessing comes to someone else.
- This love does not boast. It does not brag about one’s achievements or inflate its own importance. That’s called pride. Father, forgive us!
- This love is not rude or self-seeking. It shows no disrespect and does not seek its own honor. It is not easily angered or easily irritated by another.
- This love keeps NO record of wrongs! This one is my favorite. It does not make ‘tally’ marks when someone wrongs us; this love causes us to forgive!
- This love does not delight in what is wrong or quickly point out what is wrong in another. This love does not need to prove ‘who’ is right and ‘who’ is wrong.
- This love celebrates honesty.
- This love protects always, trusts always, hopes always and perseveres always. This love IS a place of shelter and never stops believing the best for others.
- This love OFFERS shelter, not exposure.
- This love never fails – never stops loving. It extends beyond – over and above – every gift the Father gives.
Faith and hope spring from love. From PERFECT LOVE!
In summary, this divine LOVE is:
- patient under stress
- kind at all times
- generous, not envious
- humble, not self-promoting
- never rude
- does not manipulate using shame
- not irritable or easily offended
- celebrates honesty
- does not focus on flaws
- loyal to the end
This love is Jesus…Who is God…Who IS LOVE!
For God so loved the world…. that He laid down His life…. so we can live…. so we might live through Him…to reveal Him…. and remove us!
May 2017 be a year of releasing No Greater Love – God’s Love!
In His Precious and Unconditional Love,
~Mary Beth Pecora